I have had the pleasure of knowing Ashley Durham for almost a year now, but fun fact: we’ve never actually met in person! She is a sweet mama of two girls, and in a crazy turn of events, she and her husband ended up starting a gourmet burger food truck…during the pandemic. I have loved following their food truck journey and know you all will love Ashley, too!
1. Tell us in a few sentences what you do. And why you do it.
My education is in Communicative Disorders. For about seven years I owned a private tutoring business that grew into a homeschool program with two campuses and about 130 students, named Central Florida Homeschool Academy. My chef husband owned a private catering business at the same time. I was diagnosed with epilepsy in 2017 and it led to us to close both businesses. We moved to Tarpon in 2019 as a relocation, and after my husband was laid off at the beginning of the pandemic, we decided to open SOL Burger in September 2020. Opening this business was not in our plans! I had big plans to be a stay at home mama for the first time. But we don’t want to leave the area, so our hope is that the truck is the step that allows us to stay here in Tarpon Springs, FL rather than moving to a big town.
2. What is your contact info (that you want shared) please include any active social handles, websites etc.
SOL Burger Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SOLBurgerTarpon
3. When I wake up in the morning the first thing I do is…
4. My best business advice is….
Create connections within your industry. We are all better when we work together.
5. My professional goal for 2021 is…
Improving my ability to manage business and personal life.
6. Supporting women in business is now more critical than ever. How can our community best support you?
I am always looking for ways to meet new people and connect with new businesses. A food truck makes for a fun addition to an event! Contact me to schedule SOL Burger for your next event or neighborhood night.
7. Your Astrological sign:
8. Favorite donut:
Boston Creme. But I only eat filling.
9. Favorite podcast:
I’m not a podcast listener. I prefer audiobooks. My favorite recent read is Untamed by Glennon Doyle.
10. Favorite book:
The Harry Potter Series
11. Favorite pandemic binge watch:
12. When I practice self-care I…
…drink coffee in silence.
13. The place I am happiest is…
…anywhere with my husband and girls.
14. People are surprised to learn I…
…have a Masters in Speech Language Pathology. I’ve never been a SLP.