Our society has become too fast these days. Our smart phones allow us to reach people and find answers instantaneously. And our food? We often grab it on the go and trade nutrition for convenience. But our woman today, Cynthia Diaz, has been bringing a “Slow Food” philosophy to Plant City for 13 years with her Corner Store, and if her seasonal produce and real ingredients don’t convince you to slow down, I don’t know what will! We’ve been told her heart is bigger than all of Plant City, and we are so glad to share her with you today. Welcome, Cynthia!
1. Tell us in a few sentences what you do. And why you do it.
The past 13 years I’ve been the owner of The Corner Store in downtown Plant City. We provide our community healthful and delicious lunch and catering options, specialty groceries and a unique event space for all types of functions.
2. What is your contact info (that you want shared) please include any active social handles, websites etc.
3. When I wake up in the morning the first thing I do is…
Make a cup of tea and check on all my boys (2 sons almost 7/15 years old, my husband and new puppy Bentley)
4. My best business advice is….
…keep going, don’t give up!
5. My professional goal for 2021 is…
…to be more organized and continue adapting our brand to the realities of Covid, social distancing, and their overall effect on the food industry.
6. Supporting women in business is now more critical than ever. How can our community best support you?
We are currently attempting to grow our catering and lunch/grazing boxes. I would like to scale up and create new partnerships with fellow women owned organizations in need of social distancing food options for their events or employees.
7. Your Astrological sign:
8. Favorite donut:
9. Favorite podcast:
10. Favorite book:
Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain
11. Favorite pandemic binge watch:
12. When I practice self-care I…
13. I am happiest…
…in the beach or kitchen!
14. People are surprised to learn I…
…have a Masters in Rehabilitation Counseling.