Janet Hooper spends her work hours caring for people and her home hours caring for her amazing rescued pets. She is the kind of person who makes the world a better place for all living things, and she helps her community soar every day as the Executive Director of the Mattie Williams Neighborhood Family Center. Welcome, Janet!
1. Tell us in a few sentences what you do. And why you do it.
I am the Executive Director of the Mattie Williams Neighborhood Family Center. I do it because I believe that community service really can change lives.
2. What is your contact info (that you want shared) please include any active social handles, websites etc.
Janet Hooper, email firstname.lastname@example.org, I am on Facebook but after the 2016 Mayoral race I rarely use it. Best way to contact me is through email.
3. When I wake up in the morning the first thing I do is…
Get a cup of coffee
4. My best business advice is….
…patience, listen to others for ideas.
5. My professional goal for 2021 is…
…to take the Mattie Williams Neighborhood Family Center to a new level, facility expansion
6. Supporting women in business is now more critical than ever. How can our community best support you?
Over 30% of the people we serve are female head of household usually working jobs in the lower pay scales. The equal pay dates tell the story. How you can help is to continue to challenge the economic slavery of women in the workforce.
7. Your Astrological sign:
8. Favorite donut:
Do not usually eat them but love the custard filled with chocolate topping.
9. Favorite podcast:
Jefferson Graham on Technology
10. Favorite book:
Books written by Malcolm Gladwell …Tipping Point
11. Favorite pandemic binge watch:
Apple TV original movies
12. When I practice self-care I…
…walk my greyhound
13. The place I am happiest is…
…when I am building or creating things
14. People are surprised to learn I…
…was female athlete of the year at the University of Michigan
15. What is your favorite pet?
My favorite pet is a rescued pet! I have a greyhound, papitise and cat…all rescues.
16. 2020 taught me…
…to find creative solutions to problems, be more visionary and willingness to change.