LeShayne Maddex is my person. She has been my best friend and one of my favorite people since we were 14 years old, and believe it or not by looking at us, that was no short time ago! LeShayne is so intelligent, strong, empathetic to a fault, and—what we are here to talk about today—a fantastic photographer. Allow me to introduce you to her!
1. Tell us in a few sentences what you do. And why you do it.
I tell people’s stories using photographs! The other side of my business is more personal, but Tampa Bay Head Shots does personal branding, head shots, team photos, product photos and social media imagery.
Behind every small business is a why. My why is a passion for photos, other business owners, and for flexibility to be the mom I want to be. And I want to capture the why for my clients. Why they are different, why you should use them, why they do what they do!
2. What is your contact info (that you want shared) please include any active social handles, websites etc.
3. When I wake up in the morning the first thing I do is…
Besides brush my teeth? I go straight for the coffee!
4. My best business advice is….
Honestly its the same as my advice for anything – whatever you are striving for do it with integrity, hard work and passion!
5. My professional goal for 2021 is…
…to grow the corporate side of my business.
6. Supporting women in business is now more critical than ever. How can our community best support you?
Following me on social media is always helpful – and a great way to know when I am offering a special! Word of mouth referrals are pretty great as well!
7. Your Astrological sign:
8. Favorite donut:
9. Favorite podcast:
For the Love with Jen Hatmaker
10. Favorite book:
Charlotte’s Web – I read it so often I could recite the entire first chapter at one point, and then I read it to my kids…and now its like comfort food – quick, easy, and all the warm fuzzies.
11. Favorite pandemic binge watch:
I know I am so late to the game but Lost.
12. When I practice self-care I…
…spend time with my friends or sister, go to the beach, read a book.
13. The place I am happiest is…
…surrounded by family. Physical location – the mountains!
14. People are surprised to learn I…
…work as an artist but have a very strong background in math/science – I had a career in mental health, have worked with numbers in an accounting office and know how to create engineering drawings using CAD software.