Your fearless pilots here at See Her Soar are both women in our 40s, so we are loving the mission of the incredible Quin Brewington at SisterLadyGirl an inspiring online space for women over 40. She tells us we have the power to create a new, amazing beginning at this point in our lives. To live lives that are more gratifying and more intentional, with the confidence to take chances and the space to continually evolve. To which we say, “Yes, please!” Let’s get to know Quin.
1. Tell us in a few sentences what you do. And why you do it.
I’m the founder of Sisterladygirl, an online space where women over 40 can go to find inspiration and education that helps them on their journey to midlife.
2. What is your contact info (that you want shared) please include any active social handles, websites etc.
SisterLadyGirl.com is my blog. I can also be found at @Sisterladygirl on Instagram and Facebook. I also will be launching training for women over 40 at Second Act Summit Society. We have a Facebook group as well as a site on Instagram.
3. When I wake up in the morning the first thing I do is…
Thank God for giving me another day.
4. My best business advice is….
Launching a business is one thing, but sustaining it is quite another. Make sure you have a plan before you get into business otherwise it’s going to feel really hard.
5. My professional goal for 2021 is…
I want to help as many women over 40 as I can have an easier time on their midlife journey. I’m hosting my first virtual conference, The Second Act Summit in April to get those plans off the ground.
6. Supporting women in business is now more critical than ever. How can our community best support you?
Right now, my goal is awareness. Everyone I’ve talked to always tell me how much this community I’m creating for women over 40 is needed. I want to make sure they know it’s available.
7. Your Astrological sign:
8. Favorite donut:
If I’m going to spend the calories, I’m going to do it on something more exciting than a donut!
9. Favorite podcast:
I like most business-related podcasts. I listen to Marie Forleo quite a bit.
10. Favorite book:
My tastes are all over the place. I’ve read Bridgerton this year for fun, Disrupt Aging for education and Becoming because Mrs. Obama is a rock star.
11. Favorite pandemic binge watch:
12. When I practice self-care I…
Typically read a book!
13. The place I am happiest is…
Anywhere my immediate family is
14. People are surprised to learn…
I have a child with special needs.
15. 2020 taught me…
To unapologetically go for what I want.