Stephanie Wickstrom creates art you can eat with her amazing Sinful3 Cookies. I was the lucky recipient of a gorgeous box of Valentine’s creations (read more about them here) and alllllmost, but not quite, felt bad eating them because they were so pretty! We think Stephanie is pretty awesome, and today just happens to be her birthday! So while all of our women have “their” day on See Her Soar, today is quite literally Stephanie Wickstrom Day. Join me in celebrating Stephanie as we get to know her better!
1. Tell us in a few sentences what you do. And why you do it.
I am a special educator and psychologist by training but pastry chef by love. I worked in the industry all the way through my doctoral training as a way to earn money and just keep gravitating back. I love the artistic outlet and challenge of turning butter and sugar into amazing art.
2. What is your contact info (that you want shared) please include any active social handles, websites etc.
3. When I wake up in the morning the first thing I do is…
Feed the cats! We often have foster litters and I tend to spend my morning in the basement surrounded by kittens.
4. Supporting women in business is now more critical than ever. How can our community best support you?
Don’t undervalue yourself and what you have to offer.
5. My professional goal for 2021 is…
Focus my business. This is not my main gig – I am a teacher by trade. I love doing this but am transitioning to almost exclusively cookies. It is what I enjoy the most and its time to develop that part of the business.
6. Supporting women in business is now more critical than ever. How can our community best support you?
Follow my pages and share my love of cookies! Sadly, Maryland doesn’t allow shipping out of state for cottage industry businesses, but if you are in the dmv call me if you need a special treat or thoughtful, individualized gift.
7. Your Astrological sign:
8. Favorite donut:
Something simple and classic: a good, hot glazed
9. Favorite podcast:
I am not a podcast lover! I just don’t focus on them. If I am listening to anything while I work, it is a Sister Hazel CD.
10. Favorite book:
I am not a reader – I grew up with undiagnosed dyslexia and once I finished my doctorate, I put away the books. I just never learned to enjoy a good book.
11. Favorite pandemic binge watch:
I have teens and have loved binge watching shows with them that I used to watch. We have watched Friends all the way through, NCIS, and Big Bang Theory. It has been fun to enjoy it again with them.
12. When I practice self-care I…
Honestly, I am not a great sleeper and a day to sleep in is a luxury.
13. The place I am happiest is…
…on the beach. Any beach.
14. People are surprised to learn…
…hmm, tough one. I once had Courtney Cox as a baby sitter.
15. 2020 taught me…
…the value of time with my family and appreciating what we have. It can be gone in an instant. It has been an unexpected gift to be with them without outside demands.