“Be curious. Ask a question. Tune in. Connect. It’s that easy.” That’s how Sue Abuelsamid tells people to use her Curiosity Project Cards. We certainly know the power of asking questions around here, so if you are curious about our friend Sue, keep reading to learn more about her here!
1. Tell us in a few sentences what you do. And why you do it.
I am a super curious person. I have a belief that curiosity is the engine that drives all connection, relationships, and innovation. And that if we all show up in a curious way in our lives, we will be happier, and so will those around us. Curiosity moves us.
Curiosity begins with an awareness that there are things we don’t know. To be truly curious requires one to be open minded, receptive to new ideas and unlimited possibilities. It is not a complicated idea, and it can begin with something as simple as asking a question and listening to the whole answer, and then asking another question. A cycle is then born. We can build relationships, we can hear each other, we can grow.
It all begins with curiosity.
I believe in this so strongly that I wrote a book about it, called That’s a Really Good Question.
Get curious. Ask questions. Tune in. Connect. Let’s start a new movement together.
2. What is your contact info (that you want shared) please include any active social handles, websites etc.
3. When I wake up in the morning the first thing I do is?
Cuddle with my puppy Kai, stretch, and drink a glass of water (okay, I kow that’s 3. First I cuddle with Kai)
4. My best business advice is….
…write your own rule book.
5. My professional goal for 2021 is…
6. Supporting women in business is now more critical than ever. How can our community best support you?
Be curious. Start conversations. Ask questions that matter. Get a pack of cards and randomly ask people to pick one and learn something about them.
7. Your Astrological sign:
8. Favorite Donut:
9. Favorite podcast:
10. Favorite book:
Oh it’s SO hard to choose, but right now either A Prayer for Owen Meany or The elegance of the hedgehog, or maybe All the Light We Cannot See
11. Favorite pandemic binge watch:
The whole series of Grey’s Anatomy. Mostly because I love how focused it is on the female characters and their brilliance.
12. When I practice self-care I…
…play outside – mountains, forest, oceans…
13. The place I am happiest is…
…in the ocean or with Kai.