The pandemic has caused all of us to pivot, and nowhere is this more evident than within the world of education. Trimeka Benjamin was already in the business of consulting with higher education on their digital challenges, and the pandemic made her company, Swim Digital Group, even more crucial in throwing life rafts out to keep schools from sinking. Welcome, Trimeka!
1. Tell us in a few sentences what you do. And why you do it.
I am the President & CEO of Swim Digital Group, a higher education consulting firm. I am also the host of Deep Dives with Trimeka Benjamin, a podcast for higher education executives about higher education.
2. What is your contact info (that you want shared) please include any active social handles, websites etc.
- Insta: @trimekatrotterbenjamin
- Facebook: trimeka.trotterbenjamin
3. When I wake up in the morning the first thing I do is…
Check my calendar to get my bearings on my day.
4. My best business advice is….
Grit and Grace. Grit and Grace are the two things that every business person needs. Grit because you get so many “no’s”, so many ways that people tell you that your dreams “won’t work” – push through it and do.not.stop. Grace because you have to look at those same people straight in the eye and smile – and know that you cannot be angry, be excited in knowing that someday, you will prove them wrong.
5. My professional goal for 2021 is…
…to make an impact in graduates getting jobs.
6. Your Astrological sign:
7. Favorite donut:
8. Favorite podcast:
Other than “Deep Dives with Trimeka Benjamin” I love “This American Life”
9. Favorite book:
Too many to count – I am reading Marc Morial’s The Gumbo Coalition
10. Favorite pandemic binge watch:
11. When I practice self-care I…
…take long walks and listen to podcasts
12. The place I am happiest is…
…with my family.
13. People are surprised to learn I…
…am an Introverted Extrovert – I enjoy my “me time”
14. 2020 taught me…
…so much. Too much to share in one question, LOL!